Break Up Lines


You called me yesterday to basically say
That you care for me but that you are,
Just not in love, at least not with me.
Immediately I pretended to be feeling the
Same way, and I led you to believe that I was OK.
To just walk away from the one thing that's
very sacred to me.
well, I guess I'm trying to be
nonchalant about it,
and I'm going to extremes to
prove I'm fine without you.
Underneath the disguise of the
smile that I wear I am
gradually dying inside.
Friends ask me how I feel And I
lie convincingly because I don't
want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering.
So I wear disguise until I go
home and turn off my light
and then I break down and cry.
So what do you do when
somebody, you're devoted to suddenly just
stops loving you and it seems
they haven't got a clue of
the pain that rejection is
putting me through.
Do you say "I will survive?"
or do you lash out and say
"How dare you leave me this way?"
I just held out with the hope that
You still stay, but you slipped away.

Comments

  1. Awesome work...Touched my heart!!! Truly emotional


    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's special because, I wrote it to get away from my break up and it worked!

      Delete
  2. Nice one,
    Really enjoyed reading it ^_^
    Hope yu got back together

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog

A Valentine’s Day Shrive